Monday, June 20, 2011

Quick Fix of an ugly bench

Keep in mind this is my first blog site and my first official post. A friend called me up and asked if I could help her "re-decorate" the disaster that is her master bathroom. I said yes, because I love to help the disadvantaged.  :)

One of the key elements in my design for her revolves around a cute little bench. This bench was given to me by someone who was throwing things away and of course who doesn't love free things.                     
I LOVE FRIENDS LIKE THAT!! 

This bench was a mahogany color with a heinous floral pattern that had to be from the 70's. First thing we did was pick out fabric, another favorite thing to do for me. We chose this fabric to match our curtains for the room along with accessories and bath towels. 
This color and pattern along with the paint I chose to spray the legs works well with all the coordinating colors in the bathroom. I do apologize, it is my first blog entry, I will take more pictures of each process as I start and finish each. I sprayed the body of the bench with a great color, Church Hill Vanilla from Lowes. It is a very rich, warm off white color. Very shabby chic. The finished product came out just as I had hoped!! Very pretty.


I will post again with the finished room with this cute little bench.

P.S. I could add stain to the body of this bench to make it look more antique, do you think that would work or leave it crisp??

4 comments:

Fernando said...

I think you should leave it crisp. You selected a great color!

Erin Mills said...

Whoever is getting this bench is one lucky gal. Her bathroom must be so unfortunate...

Greg Crum said...

Yup, she's one lucky lady!!

Anonymous said...

I agree that you should leave it crisp. It looks so clean and young!