Thursday, June 23, 2011

Hmmm, Martha Stewart.....

What are the first things that come to mind when you hear Martha Stewart??? I'm sure their are plenty of adjectives and visions of rage from all the horror stories, but when I think of Martha, and I often don't, I think of clean, crisp, high class and high style. Most of which are true, but I stumbled upon her official blog this afternoon and I couldn't help but be disappointed in what I saw. She posted several entries that were from her farm house, her house in Maine and her home home. BORING! She is boring, everything is the same color, very monotone. Monotone can be done correctly and have a great look, but I was seriously disappointed in the way her houses looked. Not that it matters to me, but it's like opening a Christmas gift that you expect to be this fabulous new outfit that is very "in" but turns out it was your brothers hand me downs. Talk about letting the air out of the balloon.

To give her credit, she has like a ton of homes, and decorating them must cost an arm and a leg, I mean she does a have a BIRD ROOM!! Yes, a room dedicated to Canaries.

Judge for yourself....You have to do a little digging in her photo album
http://www.themarthablog.com/
Shows her Holiday Decor
http://www.themarthablog.com/2009/12/as-promised-an-exclusive-peak-at-the-holiday-decorations-in-my-home.html

No comments: